Thursday 16 October 2014

Baby Crib Mobile DIY

Um diesen Beitrag auf Deutsch zu lesen, bitte hier klicken.



I was inspired to do this mobile for a baby crib because a colleague of mine is having a baby. I wanted to give her something personal and cute and something that she might have a use for. I decided on something simple yet pretty and so I made paper butterflies and clouds to hang. It was not very hard to make but definitely one of my longest DIYs to make so far! Nevertheless, I'm very happy with the outcome and wanted to share the instructions with you, in case you want to make a nice present for a baby shower yourself sometime.

What you'll need:


DIY Baby Crib Mobile
    • 2 big sheets of thick coloured paper (blue for the clouds and pink for the butterflies)
    • something to tie the clouds and butterflies on (I believe this frame I used is meant to be used for photographs but I thought it was pretty and suitable)
    • scissors
    • thread and needle
    • and a ribbon to hang it later

DIY Baby Crib Mobile 

Cut off a 15cm strip of the blue paper, draw a cloud on it and fold, so you can cut out multiple layers at once.


DIY Baby Crib Mobile 

Repeat the process to cut out the butterflies.


DIY Baby Crib Mobile 

You'll need an even number of cut-outs because we're gonna glue two together.


DIY Baby Crib Mobile 

Put a long piece of thread between two clouds and glue them together.


DIY Baby Crib Mobile 

I found it hard to find the best position for the thread for the butterflies. With the help of a needle I put it through one butterfly so that part of the thread would be invisible. Then I glued a second butterfly to the side where the thread was showing.

DIY Baby Crib Mobile

DIY Baby Crib Mobile 

I thought it was a good idea and it turned out really nice! What do you think? I'd love to see your feedback in the comments below.

Happy crafting!
C

No comments :

Post a Comment